Monday, December 19, 2011

Festival of Wreaths

I guess it's about time I get some Christmas stuff up, seeing as how we're just a few days away from my favorite holiday of the year. I've actually been creating quite a lot these days, just not posting much. This is, in part, due to my computer monitor going kaput and the fact that I won't replace it until after the holidays. For now, we're using an old HP with, not kidding you, an 8-inch screen. So, you might be able to imagine how annoying it is to work on anything on such a small screen. This happened to coincide with the delivery of my Silhouette Cameo, as well, so I've not had a chance to really work with it much.

Now, on to the good stuff. I've made a whole passel of wreaths this season and am happy to say I have kept many of them for myself! Unusual. Below are photos with brief descriptions. I hope to post a few more things this week, but promise nothing. So, in the event you don't hear from me before 2012, here's wishing you and your families a Merry, Merry Christmas!

Small grapevine wreath wrapped with burlap ribbon and adorned with a felt poinsettia and glitter chipboard letters spelling Joy. My mom has this hanging on the window next to her Christmas tree. Looks super cute.
I'm calling this wreath "Shirley" in honor of a dear friend. This features a wreath of greenery from Michael's for $1.99, 32 purple Christmas ball ornaments wired to the wreath (25 cents for 4 packages of 32 at a holiday bazaar!), and four silver picks from the Dollar Tree for $2.00. Silver-edged purple leopard print ribbon from Michael's, about $3. This may be my favorite wreath of all of them, and it was super inexpensive!
This wreath is on my front door. It is a greenery wreath from Michael's, several glittery ornament picks and stems and a red bow with green holly and gold glitter trim. Love it!

This little gem was super quick to put together. It was a gift for my aunt. Paper cones glued to a wood craft wreath with tiny silver bows glued to the middle. Super cute and easy!

This wreath features the same red burlap ribbon as the Joy wreath. I wrapped the ribbon around the wreath and used the remainder to create the giant bow and tails. The star is vintage, purchased in a box of Christmas items at an estate sale for next to nothing. It is gold with red, gold and silver sequins. I've had it forever and never knew what to do with it. It made the perfect addition to this wreath!

Merry Christmas!

Linking:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Todays Creative Blog






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


HookingupwithHoH

2 comments:

  1. So many pretty and clever wreaths. My two favorites are the purple one and the paper wreath with all the little bows in the center. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete